Why Medication or Meditation Might Not Solve Your Sleeping Problems?
Do you feel sleep deprived often, and not having enough sleep to restore your body into a refreshing condition? You might be trying to sleep but unimportant issues keep popping up in your mind, or sometimes anxiety kicks in the middle of the night and you feel unable to sleep again.
You may know that anxiety can contribute to disrupted sleep, while sleep deprivation can worsen the symptoms of anxiety too. Therefore, treating insomnia may help alleviate the symptoms associated with an anxiety disorder and vice versa.
Limitations of Medications
Medications might help some people in short term, but they never solve your problems in long terms. It’s also a problem to become dependent on them. This is why many people look for alternatives rather than medications, e.g. practicing meditation at night to relax their mind.
Limitations of Meditation
Sometimes, meditation do not work for some people and there are multiple reasons for this:
- Meditation might not solve your sleeping problems because it is not result- oriented. It is possible that you try to use techniques to which your body is not susceptible because you can’t really relax yourself. Also, meditation is not specialized on your own needs and it doesn’t help with finding the root causes of what your sleeping problem is.
- Emotional trauma or mental illness also might be the reason why you get immune to meditation. If you are having such symptoms, then you need to work on trauma or mental issues first to resolve the underlying issues to regain better sleep.
Benefits of Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy might be a way to go forward as it involves clinically proven mind-body techniques for better sleep and can solve your problems for a long term. In fact, many people who had insomnia issues found that hypnotherapy works so well to induce sleep, they all agreed that they should have tried that earlier!
In the hypnotherapy sessions, you will
- Learn how to relax yourself deeply and sink into easy sleep with self-hypnosis technique
- Learn how to control and redirect your negative thoughts that keep you awake and eliminate worries and disconnect the conscious mind entirely
- Tap into the power of your imagination and subconscious mind to take yourself to a sleep state
- Most importantly, identify the cause of your sleeping problem and reframe it from the subconscious level
And for people who are having recurring nightmares, with hypnotherapy, we can visit the nightmare and change the ending/outcome of the nightmare, so that you can feel at ease and not having the nightmare again so as to enjoy your goodnight sleep.